Cherries Background

Monday, November 22, 2010

Aprons

It seems like I have sewed more these last two weeks than the last two years of my life combined!  But at least it was making some fun projects.  I don't know if it is because I love cooking so much, or if I just think they are so cute and fun, but I LOVE aprons.

So I sewed...


I sewed this one for myself.  After borrowing my sister's apron repeatedly during my cookie contest, I realized how much I love it and I got the instructions from her and made my own!  I love the fabric and the design.  I have been wearing it non-stop even when I'm not cooking!

 And because I was in such an apron-y mood, I bought some tea towels from the dollar store, sewed the corners down on one side, added some ribbon for the neckstrap and two ribbons for the ties and wrote the following poem:
"Hope these aprons will provide a way,
To keep your "little turkey" in the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!"

And I gave them to my preschoolers.  Afterall, "K" was the letter of the day and what better Thanksgiving word goes with "K" than "Kitchen"!

And last of all, I spent most of my time on this beauty.  My mom's birthday is next week and she had mentioned that she wished she had a pioneer apron to go over her pioneer dress for a handcart trek that she would be going on in the summer.  She has been going to meetings to plan this event and is expected to dress the part, so I thought I would surprise her by making an apron for her.  I used a cooking apron pattern, but lengthened it.  I certainly had to have a refresher on ruffles, tucks, gathering, and all kinds of different stitches and though it isn't at all perfect, I couldn't help but being proud.

1 comment:

  1. Love your apron! The fabric is super cute and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete