Cherries Background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mormon Green Jello Salad

My mom made this salad ever since I could remember, and I'm pretty sure that this was passed to her by her mom.  I love it because it is so easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.

Green Jell-O Salad
Source: I think that the joke is, whenever green Jell-O is involved, it comes from the Mormons!
Ingredients:
1 can crushed pineapple
1 tub whipped cream (such as cool whip, the big tub)
1 lg. package small curd cottage cheese
1 (6 oz) pkg. Lime green Jell-O

Directions:
1.  Sprinkle Jell-O over thawed whipped cream and stir until Jell-O color is a consistent green, add crushed pineapple with juice, stir in cottage cheese.  Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
2.  Chill for several hours.  Stir before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment