Cherries Background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Italian Turkey Sliders

 It is so funny how when I sit down once a month to create my menu, I think that I am creating such a diverse list of meals, but then when I start cooking I find that I have a common theme for the month, such as "Everything on a Tortilla", or "Anything you can serve on or with rice".  Well, this month apparently, my theme is "Food you eat on a roll, bun, or croissant!"  Next time I make these, I will make two batches of rolls, because everyone just wanted to eat the rolls with butter and jam and I had a hard time saving rolls for the actual sliders.  These were really good.  Even Buddy ate his without me prodding him to eat 10 more bites... 5 more bites... 3 more bites...

These are how little my cute little sliders were.  I fit 16 on a cookie sheet.
Italian Turkey Sliders
Recipe Courtesy of: Family Fun

20 ounce lean ground turkey
2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
1 clove garlic - minced
1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
16 dinner or slider rolls
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard

Directions
1.     Combine ground turkey, cheese and all seasonings. Mix together well.
2.     Shape turkey into 16 small patties.
3.     Place patties on a greased baking sheet.
4.     Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked through. Be careful not to cook too long or they will become dried out. (I actually baked mine for twice that time, I wanted to be sure that they were good and cooked through and 16-20 minutes worked well).
5.     Combine mayonnaise with honey Dijon mustard and stir until well blended.
6.     Place on rolls and top with honey Dijon mayo. (We also added cheese to ours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment