Cherries Background

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weekly and Monthly Menus

I'm trying something new this month.  On the right hand side of my blog, you may notice that I have added some page links.  I moved my "about me" section and a "featured on" section to different pages on my blog.  This month, I have also added a "monthly menu" section.  I will post my monthly menu here and then every week, I will try to post the recipes for the week on a blog post. 

So to kick things off, here is my weekly menu for February 1-5:
WEEK 1:
Tuesday: Chicken Patty Sandwiches
Wednesday: Pizza Hut Book It Night
Thursday: (Pillsbury Bakeoff Trial)
Saturday: Leftovers

The recipes for this week are pretty self explanatory:
For our chicken patty sandwiches, we buy frozen breaded chicken patties and bake them in the oven according to package directions.  Then we put them on hamburger buns that have been toasted.  Some of my favorite garnishes are swiss cheese, pickles, lettuce, and a good honey dijon mustard, but of course the kids would have different opinions about their favorite add-ons.

On Wednesday, it worked out to be a good night for us to redeem the kids Pizza Hut Book It coupons.

Thursday, I will be trying out my idea for the Pillsbury Million Dollar Bakeoff, if you are interested in entering, click on THIS LINK for the rules and contest information.

I will follow with another blog post with the recipe for Friday's meal.

And Saturday at our house is always my day off, we clean up the leftovers from the week out of the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment