Cherries Background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pineapple Glazed Meatballs

 These were seriously so good and incredibly fast and easy to make.  I got the idea from a Kraft Food & Family magazine.  They listed them as an appetizer and had very cute toothpicks in each one and arranged on a pretty tray, which would be really fun too, but we decided to try them out with some rice for dinner.

 You only need three ingredients.  Frozen, fully cooked meatballs (purchased at Wal-Mart... or if you are not lazy like me, you could use your favorite meatball recipe), 1 cup BBQ Sauce if using the whole package of meatballs (our favorite is Bulls-Eye), and 1 cup CRUSHED pineapple with juice (you can see in the picture that I accidentally bought pineapple slices, no biggie, I just crushed them in my blender. 
 Mix all three ingredients together in a skillet and cook on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes until the sauce is thick and bubbly and the meatballs are heated through.  Serve with any side you desire.  We chose rice.

As you can see, Charli gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up.  She is licking her plate.  I think she ate 5-6 meatballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment