Cherries Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stinks Like Fish

I had this great sounding recipe that I found for this month for Tilapia.... yes fish.  What was I thining?  It doesn't matter that I used three different citrus juices simmered with butter to make a lovely glaze to pour over the beautiful boneless fillets.  It doesn't matter that the Tilapia was baked to white flakey buttery perfection.  The fact remains, Tilapia is fish.

Sweetheart actually started crying about three bites in, because she really wanted dessert, but she just could NOT stomach the fish.  T-Man shoved bites in his mouth and gulped them down with apple juice to get it down, and Buddy just abandoned his plate and ran off to hide.  Then when Z got home from work, he pretended he didn't see his plate at all and filled up instead on the steaming hot bread that I just pulled out of the oven.

Charli liked it though (though I am starting to think she thinks anything is great so long as it's not baby food.)  And I thought it was divine.  But I will not be sharing the recipe with you.  As it got such awful reviews with my family, I don't feel good about endorsing it.  So if you like Tilapia, you are on your own for a recipe, but don't come crying to me when your kids are mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment