Cherries Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rainbow Salad


This recipe is always a HUGE hit with kids.  Every time I have made it, it goes fast.  Plus, I am just in love with this salad because a) it is cheap to make, b) it tastes like putting a whole pack of skittles in your mouth at once and c) I am in love with pretty food.

Rainbow Salad
All Jell-O is the 3 oz box size
1 box cherry jello
1 box orange jello
1 box lemon jello
1 box lime jello
1 box blue jello
1 box grape jello

2 cups sour cream
6 cups water
1 container whip cream

Slowly whisk 1 cup BOILING water to first jello box of choice, until completely dissolved. Divide in half. (Just eyeball - no perfectionists here) To 1 half of the jello add 1/3 C sour cream and slowly whisk until smooth.
Pour into 9x13 pan. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
Add 2 T COLD water to remaining jello and pour over first layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Repeat the process for the remaining layers.

Top with Whip Cream for the clouds!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you love this! My kids LOATHE jello so I can never make it!! What kid doesn't like jello?!?

    ReplyDelete