Cherries Background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Panda Bread

I know my little panda looks a little distorted, but it is hard to make it come out perfectly, and each loaf takes on its own little panda personality. 
I got this recipe from my most favorite cooking website in the world...Gourmet Mom-On-The-Go and you can get the directions there, but I didn't exactly follow her recipe.  The recipe she used called for cocoa and green tea for coloring, and I knew that if I was going to spend the effort to make bread, I better make Z's favorite homemade bread recipe.  I just so happened to have black food gel coloring so that I could get the black parts of my panda, and green food coloring for the green, then just left the dough alone for the white parts.  I had so much fun making this with the kids, we are dreaming up other holiday-themed inspired breads, so look for them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment