Cherries Background

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Best Cornbread Recipe Ever

I have been searching my whole life for a cornbread recipe that wasn't so crumbly and dry that it was impossible to spread butter on without it just coming apart in my hands, but also used ingredients that I had on hand and didn't require a special trip to the store.

This. Is. It.

Moist Cornbread Recipe:
§  1 c. cornmeal
§  3 c. all-purpose flour
§  1⅓ c. sugar – I used 1 cup
§  2 Tablespoons baking powder
§  1 teaspoon salt
§  ⅔ cup vegetable oil
§  ⅓ cup. melted butter
§  2 Tablespoons. honey
§  4 eggs, beaten – I used 3
§  2½ cups whole milk – I used 2 cups 2% and 1/2 cup whole
Instructions
1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2.      In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3.      Pour in the vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk, and stir just until moistened.
4.      Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. (I had to bake for 50 mins) Watch the cornbread towards the end, you want it to be turning golden and starting to show some cracks.

5.      Remove from oven, serve warm with butter or honey or simply plain. It’s amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment