Cherries Background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spooky Mac 'n Cheese


I have had such a busy week this week with the Nestle Toll House Baking contest and other personal ventures that I haven't had a lot of time for creative dinner pursuits. Some nights are just mac 'n cheese nights. And I personally think mac 'n cheese always tastes better with a hot dog involved, so we employed our old friend the hot dog octopus to give us a little spook in our dinner. I really don't know who is the first person to come up with the hot dog octopus, but I tip my hat to their genius.


Start with a hot dog and split in half leaving 1/2" at the top untouched.

Then split your halves in half. And then half those halves again until you have eight legs.
Microwave for 30-45 seconds and then plop that guy down right smack on top of your mac 'n cheese (any brand works great, made according to package directions). Don't forget to dab a toothpick in ketchup to give your little guy two spooky red eyes.

And there you have a quick, easy, inexpensive spooky dinner that the kids will eat!

I promise that once this contest is over I will post some more fun dinner ideas to make with the kids. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment